Types of Treatment
Weight Loss/Metabolic Conditions
Did you know that our physical therapists can help you with recovery from weight loss surgery and lose weight?
You're thinking that physical therapists only deal with things like tennis elbow and rehab from broken bones, right? Well, we aren't your average physical therapists!
Our specially trained therapists specialize in not only helping you recover from surgery scars and pain, but also can help you work smarter, not harder, to reach your goal weight.
How can we help you lose weight?
- Successful Exercise: So many patients we work with have failed at exercise in the past. You kill yourself at the gym, only to see the scale stay the same. That's because the general belief is that the harder you work, the more weight you lose. This is not true. We can teach you how to work smarter, not harder, to reach your weight loss goals.
- You work less and lose more. Sounds too good to be true?: Our therapists use heart rate monitors to measure when you are in the optimal zone for losing weight. Then we give you exercises that keep you in this zone so that you burn fat during your workout and when you are at rest. This optimal zone typically requires less exertion than you would think and doesn't leave you feeling exhausted at the end of your workout, but energized. We continue to monitor your optimal heart rate zone as you increase your stamina and lose weight so we can adjust your workout as your body changes.
We've also got some other tools that help with weight loss:
- Online Exercise Tracker: We can assign exercises, communicate with you when you aren't in the clinic, and track your progress together on our online web app.
- At Home Videos: Our online videos, housed in our web app, are always available so you can be sure you're doing the right exercises at home.
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®: Through patented NASA technology this treadmill can remove up to 80% of your body weight so you can...
- Walk or run without discomfort or pain.
- Burn more calories by going further or faster than you normally can.
- Train without injuries.
- Feel the joy of walking or running without painful impact on your joints.
- At ProRehab, empathy and compassion are of the utmost importance. We treat our patients like family. And we want the best for our family.
What can we help you with?
- Avoid Surgery: If you struggle with metabolic syndrome or obesity, in many cases we can help you avoid weight loss surgery.
- Prepare and Recover from Surgery: We offer metabolic training with a Certified Exercise Physiologist to help you lose weight before and after weight loss surgery, as well as scar treatment to make sure that you don't experience pain that restricts movement.
- Lose Weight: Looking to lose weight before a knee or hip replacement? Or for the countless health benefits? We can help.
- Painful Muscles and Joints: Inactivity, weakness, or prolonged pressure on the knees, hips, and back can make any movement very painful and limit your mobility. Our physical therapists are musculoskeletal experts and can help keep you active and pain-free.
Ready to reclaim your life? ProRehab is here to help.
Here's what some of our patients had to say
Thank you so much! I love you guys and the care I received!
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Wonderful staff, very helpful, competent and professional. They listen to what I say and are working with me to meet my goal.
Amazing service. They have gone out of their way to call and follow up with me while doing my at-home exercises. Highly recommend.
I couldn’t have wished for a better place to go for my knee replacement therapy! They know what they are doing to get you back in the swing of things so you can go on with your life!