Types of Treatment
Lymphedema is a painful condition resulting in persistent swelling of an arm or leg due to a blockage in your lymphatic system, an important part of your immune and circulatory systems. It is most commonly caused by removal or damage of lymph nodes during cancer treatment.
ProRehab Lymphedema Treatment offers outpatient care provided by expert physical therapists. Treatments are designed to reduce pain, swelling, and other symptoms through a combination of special therapies and exercises. The earlier lymphedema is treated, the better the results.
What to expect during your Lymphedema treatment at ProRehab:
- You will be assessed by an expert physical therapist who is specifically trained in lymphedema therapy.
- Your therapist will evaluate your strength and range of motion and take measurements of your affected and non-affected areas.
- A customized plan will be created just for you that begins with instruction on how the program works, your specific diagnosis and how to manage and further prevent lymphedema.
- A session may consist of specialized massage, skin and nail care, compression bandaging, continuing education, and a home exercise program to fit your individual needs.
- ProRehab will contact your insurance carrier for you during your initial appointment to obtain detailed information about your coverage. Medicare and most insurance companies cover much of the cost of Lymphedema Therapy.
Ready to reclaim your life? ProRehab is here to help.
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
Thank you so much! I love you guys and the care I received!
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Wonderful staff, very helpful, competent and professional. They listen to what I say and are working with me to meet my goal.
Amazing service. They have gone out of their way to call and follow up with me while doing my at-home exercises. Highly recommend.
I couldn’t have wished for a better place to go for my knee replacement therapy! They know what they are doing to get you back in the swing of things so you can go on with your life!